It’s all fun and games until you get that out of state job offer and suddenly have to pack up all of your belongings, get your home ready for market, sell the house, and find a new place to live in a brand new city… all in, oh, about 30 days. Luckily, I’ve been there and done that, and I’ve got you! Here is a list of things you should do to keep your sanity. Save this post and if you find yourself moving out of state (or even buying a secondary home) DM me anytime, and I’d love to set up an initial consultation.
- Find out if your employer offers relocation assistance.
- Set a budget and timeline for your move in advance to keep you organized
- Use Walkscore.com to understand your new commute, traffic and public transportations options.
- Search Location tags on social media to virtually explore the vibe of your new area.
- Pick an earlier moving date than you think you need to allow for unexpected delays.
- Know how long it will take your movers to deliver. Moving companies legally have 21 days to deliver your belongings in most areas of the country.
- Transport any high value items and important documents by yourself.
- Contact me for a real Estate Agent in your new area. Through our extensive KW network, I have colleagues all over the country and the World!
Mark and Natasia Metz, Connections that make an impact
#moving #MoveOut #MovingBoxes #MoveOutOfState #RealEstate